Learning about America during COVID-19
- Pick up a new hobby: try knitting, painting, puzzles, or online tutorials to learn a new skill/activity you always meant to try
- Read: Use Kindle or other reading apps to access tons or eBooks and Audiobooks. You should also consult the local lending library in your area to see if you can apply for a library card and gain access to all of their online resources. Maybe even try creating a Virtual Book Club with your friends.
- Brush up on your language skills on Duolingo
- Keep a diary or journal: Look for good things that happened that day and things to be grateful for
- Read up online about the local history of the town you are living and working in.
- Enjoy music from every corner of the world on Radio Garden or Radiooooo.com.
- Browse through stories on Route J1 blog
- Virtually "tour" different museums and exhibits:
- Take a visual "tour" of a National Park in the U.S.: https://www.insider.com/national-parks-america-virtual-tours-3d-visit-2020-3
- Go for a walk and explore your new surroundings: wear a face covering and keep your distance!
- Use Google Street View to "travel" to a new place: https://www.google.com/streetview/
- Watch travel videos for "bucket list" inspiration: https://www.buzzfeed.com/travel-destinations
- See animals from all over the world with Zoo and Aquarium live streams: https://www.insider.com/live-animal-cams-zoos-aquariums-watch-from-home-2020-3
- Try new recipes: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/
- Take an online cooking class or watch a Youtube tutorial: https://food52.com/blog/25139-online-cooking-classes-coronavirus
WATCH AND LAUGH
- Binge watch a new TV series: https://ew.com/tv/coronavirus-quaran-stream-shows-binge-watch/
- Watch a comedy stand up special or livestream:
EXERCISE / HEALTH
- Stay in shape with workouts you can do right at home: https://www.fatherly.com/health-science/easy-workout-quick-workout/
- Give yoga a try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AYKMP6rOE
- Focus on your skin care with ingredients you may have at home: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/anti-aging/tips/g527/diy-natural-skincare/
- If you're having trouble handling the COVID-19 epidemic, know you’re not alone: https://mhanational.org/covid19
BE THERE - PHYSICAL DISTANCING, NOT SOCIAL DISTANCING - BE SMART, STAY 6 FT APART
- Online movie nights with friends: Try the browser extension that lets you have Netflix watch parties with friends https://www.netflixparty.com/
- Video chat with friends and family
- Check-in with relatives you may not see that much
- Try having video chat game nights or trivia nights